Saturday, August 11, 2007

Greece- Hydra

IMG_8114

From Napflion, Nisha and I headed to our last small port town, Hydra, before heading back to the big city of Athens.  There were several obstacles in the way of us getting from Napfilon to Hydra.  Despite all of our advance planning, we weren’t exactly sure how to get from point A to point B.  To make things worse, I was incapacitated by food poisoning, but Nisha saved the day!  We had to take two busses, and a boat to our next destination.  I don’t remember much as I was napping the sick feeling away, but I do recall that the short boat ride to Hydra was super cute.  Throughout our Greek adventures we had been on high capacity ships and smaller hydrofoils, but this was an actual boat.  It was captained by a picturesque leathery tanned old man, with a white grizzled beard, a striped tank top, shorts, and a captains hat.  We nestled into the boat amongst locals and made our way across the water to Hydra, a popular day-trip location from Athens.  I have a thing about walkable cities, so I liked Hydra since no motor vehicles are allowed.  Nisha and I enjoyed dinner and a sunset along the waterfront, and took this day to relax from our grand Greek trip.

IMG_8128 IMG_8149

No comments: