Thursday, May 21, 2009

Serenade

P1020061

This was months ago, but now that I am free from MIT, I can write about my past semester highlights! Every year, several MIT acapella groups sell serenades for boyfriends to buy their girlfriends, or in my case for friends to simply embarrass other friends.  My lil lil, Stephanie, bought me a serenade from the MIT Logarhythms, who sang Miley Cyrus’ “See you again”.  Since I knew it was coming ahead of time, I mentally vowed not to be embarrassed when they corned me in the student center, sat me on one of their legs, and sang to me.  Despite my preparation it was still awkward.  First, I was sitting on a guy’s who was no taller than I was.  Second, all the group members intensely stare at you, and I didn’t know where to look.  Third, crowds of students and tourists gather round to see what the commotion is. But I took it in and just decided to go with it.  The more I got into it, the more they got it into it.  Thanks Stephanie!  See the below video.

Serenade Video

No comments: