Thursday, April 9, 2009

Learning how to fly! aka Trapeze School

So on Monday, I learned how to fly!  I went to trapeze school with my roomate, Gergana and learned how to do some awesome stunts.  The three things I learned how to do were a knee hang, a backflip, and a catch.

IMG_8650

Right before my first plunge off the platform.  I was a bit nervous because standing up there getting ready to jump reminded me of when I went skydiving.

IMG_8654

Flying through the air!

IMG_8659

Doing a backflip.

IMG_8693

The catch!  I got it on my 3rd and final try!  That guy has ridiculous strength.  He was hanging from another trapeze, no support cables, and held onto me while hanging upside down!

Today my arms, shoulders, hands, and abs still hurt.

3 comments:

g-ita said...

awesome. i love the progression of photos - brave girl!

Ellen said...

wow I don't think I could do that!

Annette | Bucket List Journey said...

Great Photos! I just did this for my 40th birthday. It was so much fun, but so darn hard. I was sore for 8 days! You can see my pictures here http://mslistologist.com/?p=1001