Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Costa Rica – The Highlights

  1. The Food – We had some really delicious food, but most of all I loved the fresh fruit juices. As Amy put it, this tastes so real! mmmm
  2. Travel companions – I really enjoyed traveling with Amy, my rational side. Esther, my little. And Leanne, my hulk. I got to learn more about these great people, bond with them, and see new sides of them. I enjoyed seeing Amy’s eyes light up when she ate/saw/experience something cool, and squeezing her arm whenever I liked something. I miss you guys!
  3. The scenery and green-ness of the country – The country is so green and beautiful! There were hills, volcanoes, blue water, white sand, and things I can’t even describe in abundance.
  4. The vast adventure options available – nothing like a little adrenaline rush from Ziplining, jumping off a tarzan swing, going into class IV rapids, and riding public buses that teeter on the edge of steep hills.
  5. The friendliness of the people – they were always very patient with our Spanish and generally helpful. Compared to my experience in Madrid, where I always felt confused and lost in the bustle, Costa Rica was like a warm mother.
  6. Pura Vida!

P1020132 P1020145

No comments: