Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Costa Rica – Day 8 – San Jose

Return to San Jose

We returned to San Jose on a morning bus from Quepos and decided to grab some lunch and then head to the National Gold Museum.

Gold Museum

Lunch was interesting because it was the most I had felt confused when speaking to someone in Spanish. We went to a family restaurant and asked for a menu, but they didn’t have one! I tried to order Casado with Chicken but I didn’t understand how it was cooked, so I asked for it a la plancha, or grilled, but then there was more confusion. It turned out fine, and the meal was good, so it was off the gold museum!

P1020302P1020305

The museum had 3 different sections. The top floor was about the history of money in Costa Rica. The second floor had a contemporary art exhibit and section about the theory of color and how light waves work. The third floor was about gold in pre-colombian Costa Rica. There were some really neat frog and turtle gold pieces as seen above. I would say my favorite exhibit was definitely the light wave and color exhibit, even though it had nothing to do with gold! It reminded me of my conceptual model project for senior design. Plus, color is awesome. I think in my next life phase I’m going to design things.

No comments: