Tuesday, August 25, 2009

China – Shenzhen - III

DSC00969

Group picture of the MIT mentors and Shenzhen high school students.DSC00964

For the cultural difference’s fair, I represented Brazil. I brought dolce de leche cookies, guava paste, and guava, cashew, and papaya juice. I also taught them Brazilian Portuguese. To start off each lesson I gave them a brief overview of the country, and I casually asked so how big do you think Brazil is in terms of population in the world? They all started thinking and listing off the top 5 most populated countries in the World and determined Brazil was #5. I never learned that in school, I was really surprised since I was expecting guesses and going to tell them the answer!

IMG_0093

These are my two mentees – Rita and Sherry. Both really awesome girls!

IMG_0090

No comments: