Saturday, September 12, 2009

China – Shanghai – Day 3 Part I

YuYuan Garden

Our third day in Shanghai was packed with seeing the sites and trying even more new cuisines.  First stop of the day was the Yu Yuan Gardens. Before we walked around Shanghai’s fine example of a Chinese Garden, we had to stop by the city’s most famous joint to grab some more tasty Xiao long bao.  Right outside the garden there was a recreated touristy area designed to emulate the older architecture of the garden.  The line for the dumplings was long and slow, but in the meantime I peered through the window to see how the dumplings that would soon be in my stomach.  You could either get an order of 8 or 16 dumplings, I opted for the later.  They weren’t as good as the dumplings I had the day before, but I still devoured all of them and had a stomach ache for hours afterwards.

IMG_1166

IMG_1171IMG_1222IMG_1196IMG_1230

After walking through the gardens, we headed off to the other side of the river to visit Pudong.

IMG_1239    

A peek of of what was to come…New Pudong buildings framed between the old YuYuan Garden.

No comments: